It is important to have the correct time and time zone on the Vivi Box.
The correct time is typically required for secure connections to work. It is also important for accurate tracking of events which show up in the Metrics section of Vivi Central and is required to support Digital Signage.
There are four options for setting the time and time zone on the Vivi Box.
- Using TLS handshakes to determine the time.
- Connecting to a public time server.
- Connecting to an internal time server on your network.
- Set the time based on your local PC.
To check the time, log in to the Web Console and check the "Time Settings" on the Status page. If the "System Time" and "Time Zone" is correct, no further action is required.
Sample time settings
TLS mode – Setting the time using secure handshakes
By default, the Vivi Box uses information provided in secure TLS connections to determine the time. It is preferred that NTP be used to set the time instead.
Some web proxy servers have "man in the middle attack" secure connection settings that return random times rather than the real time, which can prevent this from working. In these cases, NTP must be used instead.
While the Box is in TLS mode, any time server details that have been configured are ignored.
NTP mode – Setting the time using a public or internal time server
Where possible, the system time should be set using a time server. This is a more reliable way of setting the system time.
Connections to time servers are handled using Network Time Protocol (NTP). For this to work, either:
- NTP connections from the local network to the Internet need to be enabled, or,
- Your organisation needs to run its own time servers on the local network.
If neither option is available, TLS mode will need to be used to set the time settings instead.
When NTP mode is enabled, the Box will connect to any time server that is listed.
If no time servers are listed, the Vivi Box will connect to one of the public time servers that are provided by https://www.ntppool.org/en/
To establish time settings using NTP:
- Select the "Time Settings" link in the Web Console.
- Select "NTP".
- Add the IP address or full host name for at least one time server if your organisation has its own time servers.
- Save the changes.
It may take up to a minute for time to synchronise after making changes. Try a Hard Restart of the Box if it doesn't seem to be working.
Sample NTP time settings
Set the time based on your local PC
If all else fails, the time can be set according to your own computer.
This is only meant as a temporary solution while other preferred time synchronisation methods are resolved.
For example, if the Vivi Box is offline for any period of time, the time will go out of sync again.
To set the time manually:
- Select the "Status" link in the Web Console.
- Click on "Set Time To Now". This button is located in the "Time Settings" section.