Some environments require a proxy for devices on the network to access the Internet.
To set these:
- Go to the "Proxy Settings" link in the Web Console.
- Select the authentication type that is used by the web proxy - "Basic" or "NTLM".
- Provide the following proxy settings:
- "Host" – The IP address or full hostname of the proxy server.
- "Port" – The port that the proxy uses. Most tend to use port 8080.
- "User" – Username for authentication with the proxy.
- "Password" – Password for authentication with the proxy. Some basic validation checks are carried out. For example, a "host" must have a "port", a "user" must have a "password". An error message will be displayed on the screen if there are any issues, and the "Save" button will be disabled until they are corrected.
- Save the changes.
- Test the changes by going to the "Status" page in the Web Proxy and running the connectivity test.
Sample proxy settings