Due to the cross-platform nature of Vivi, updates to the devices’ firmware are regular. Our releases are broken into two categories:
- Feature Releases – These occur every 3-4 months in which new features are added.
- Maintenance Releases – These occur when required and are typically optional.
The Admin Portal allows you to update all or some of your Vivis at the same time. When a new update is required simply navigate to the “Update Box Firmware” page which you can reach from a drop down on the Box’s link in the navigation.
Update Box Firmware
- To update, first select the room/location you would like to update via the tick boxes on the left.
- Next download the newest version of firmware using the hyperlink provided.
- Once downloaded choose the file using the button 'Choose File'.
- With that loaded and ready to go, click update and the boxes will begin upgrading. Do not close this page till this is complete.
Box Status Messages
- Box isn't activated
- Box hasn't submitted its IP address. Ensure it's plugged in and has network access.
- IP address isn't accessible. You must be on the same LAN as the box. Ensure it is plugged in and has network access.
- Box hasn't updated its web console password. Try rebooting the box to sync.
- Box's reported MAC address, name, or version doesn't match, and may not have been updated. Try rebooting the box to sync.